Date: February 19-23, 2014, Wednesday – Sunday
Location: Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
14901 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX, 75274-7551
Registration Fee: $875.00
Faculty: Barry Ritzler, PhD and Anthony Sciara, PhD
Accommodations: Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Standard Single/Double Room $119 + tax
To make reservation call: 800-228-9290 (refer to Rorschach Training Programs)
Cut-Off Date for guest room block is Monday, January 27, 2014.
The hotel is near the Dallas Galleria adjacent to the Dallas North Tollway. It is near many restaurants (several within walking distance) entertainment and shopping. The hotel offers complimentary transportation within 3 miles, has a restaurant, business center, fitness center, connecting indoor/outdoor and hot tub. There is ground parking and a parking garage for use by hotel guests. Self-parking is complimentary for attendees.
Continuing Education: The Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) is providing 35 hours of Continuing Education credit for psychologists completing this five day Program. The Society for Personality Assessment is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Society for Personality Assessment maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
There is no additional charge for receiving this continuing education credit.
Objectives: At the close of the Program, participants will be able to:
1. Summarize history and development of the Comprehensive System and how it differs from other systems.
2. Explain the purpose of a standardized administration procedure and demonstrate proficiency.
3. Demonstrate skills of scoring, coding, and interpretation of case protocols through pre and post-practice sessions.
4. Identify the more significant characteristics of Rorschach responses that should be considered in diagnosis and prognosis and create an initial plan for therapeutic intervention based on test interpretation.
5. Describe limitations of the Rorschach Comprehensive System.
This training program provides the equivalent of one semester of graduate training in the Rorschach Comprehensive System (35 hours) – a minimum standard for competence with the method, set by the Society of Personality Assessment. The Program is designed to teach participants adequate procedures for the administration of the method. It also teaches the criteria and guidelines for coding that provide participants with competence near the expert level. Furthermore, it introduces participants to a knowledge of interpretation procedures that prepares them for a second semester equivalent in training, (e.g. an advanced Rorschach Training Program) that will take them to an expert level of competence in all phases of the method (administration, coding, and interpretation).
Participant Preparation for the Beginning Training Program
Program materials, daily schedule, etc. will be mailed approximately four weeks prior to the training program. Reading and pre-training protocol is expected.
Materials Provided to Participants in the Beginning Level Training Program:
1. The Rorschach Workbook for the Comprehensive system, 5th Ed. (RW, 2001)
2. Primer for Rorschach Interpretation (RW, 2000)
(Note: these texts are sent as a required set.)
3. Practice Protocol
Recommended Reading (not required)
The Rorschach: A Comprehensive System, Vol I, 4th Edition
The Rorschach: A Comprehensive System Interpretation, Vol II, 3rd Edition
(Note: Books are available from John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 605 Third Avenue, NY, NY, 10158-0012)
Requirements to Attend the Beginning Program:
1. Doctoral degree in Psychology.
2. If graduate student (not PhD) provide supervisor‘s name.
3. If Intern provide name of Internship site and name of supervisor.
Graduate Student Discount of $50
1. Go to “Contact Us.”
2. Send an email requesting the discount.
3. Include, in the email, the name of your Program and Supervisor.
Instructions for submitting payment will be sent via email.